ANG MGA PINAGPALA NG DIYOS



Sunday, April 13, 2008

PRAYER FOR THE SICK

Serious Illness

Lord Jesus Christ, You chose to share our human nature, to redeem all people, and to heal the sick. With this in mind I beg You to look with compassion on Your humble servant N., support them with Your power, comfort them with Your protection, and give them the strength needed to fight against evil. Since You have given N., a share in Your own passion, help them to find hope in suffering for You, Jesus.



Terminal Illness

Most Merciful Jesus, lover of souls, I pray Thee, by the agony of Thy Most Sacred Heart and by the sorrows of Thine Immaculate Mother, to wash in Thy Most Precious Blood the sinners of the world who are now in their agony, and who will die today. Heart of Jesus, once in agony, have mercy on the dying. Amen.



Prayer for the Sick

Lord Jesus, Who went about doing good and healing all, we ask You to bless Your friends who are sick. Give them the strength in body, courage in spirit, and patience in pain. Let them recover their health, so that, restored to the Christian community, they may joyfully praise Your Name, for You live and reign forever and ever. Amen.



Father, Your Son accepted our sufferings to teach us the virtue of patience in human illness. Hear the prayers we offer for our sick brothers and sisters. May all who suffer pain, illness or disease, realize that they are chosen to be saints, and know that they are joined to Christ in His suffering for the salvation of the world, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen.



Prayer for Health, Wisdom, and a Sense of Humor

O Lord, give me a good digestion as well as something to digest. Give me health of body as well as the sense to keep it healthy. Give me a holy soul, O Lord, which keeps its eyes on beauty and purity, so that it will not be afraid on seeing sin. Give me a soul that knows nothing of boredom, groans, and sighs. Never let me be overly concerned for this inconstant thing that I call me. Lord, give me a sense of humor, so that I may take some happiness from this life, and share it with others. Amen.



In Time of Sickness

O Jesus, You suffered and died for us; You understand suffering; Teach me to understand my suffering as You do; to bear it in union with You, to offer it with You to atone for my sins, and to bring Your grace to souls in need. Calm my fears; increase my trust. May I gladly accept Your holy will and become more like You in trial. If it be Your will, restore me to health so that I may work for Your honor and glory and the salvation of all. Amen.



For One Who is Sick

Lord Jesus, it is not Your will that Your people should suffer. And yet, I remember so well how You took on suffering for us all. Keep me now from losing hope as I face once again my infirmity. I feel the pain and ask of God, "Let this cup pass from me."

As I kneel with You in the garden, may I welcome another day with a prayer that echoes yours: "Not my wil but Thine be done." Let me never forget how to laugh, for laughter is Your gift to me to undo depression and heal the hurt of a sickness I cannot control. Then I will gladly walk Your way, to join in Your sacrifice of love, and I will not dwell upon the pain that leads my thoughts away from You.

Take me into Your gentle embrace, for I know that whatever this day brings, You have paved my way with Your tears and redeemed me with Your victory. Amen.



Prayer for the Sick

Dear Jesus, Divine Physician and Healer of the Sick, we turn to You in this time of illness. O dearest Comforter of the troubled, alleviate our worry and sorrow with Your gentle love, and grant us the grace and strength to accept this burden. Dear God, we place our sick under Your care and humbly ask that You restore Your servant (N.) to health again. Above all, grant us the grace to acknowledge Your holy will and know that whatsoever You do, You do for the love of us. Amen.



Prayer for the Sick

Merciful God, we remember before you all who are sick this day. Give them courage to live with their disease. Help them to face and overcome their fears. Be with them when they are alone or rejected. Comfort them when they are discouraged. And touch them with your healing Spirit that they may find and possess eternal life, now and forever. Amen.



Prayer to the Sacred Heart for the Sick

Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place into Your Hands, wounded out of love for us, all those I know and love who are ill, injured or in need of Your healing touch in any way. I remember those who are at home and those in hospitals and nursing homes, those who are recovering slowly, those who are lonely or afraid. Be with them all, most loving Jesus, especially those for whom I now pray: (pause to mention all those you wish to remember.)

Lord Jesus, please send Your Mother Mary to be with them in their time of need. May she who knew life's sorrow and pain in her own heart, console them with the joy of her Immaculate Heart now reigning with You in heaven.

In Your wisdom, Lord, increase in them Your gifts of Faith in Your Church, Hope in Everlasting Life, and Love both forgiving and peace-giving. If it is Your will, restore them to fullness of health and strength. And bring all of us home at last together with Mary and all Your Saints. Amen.



Prayer for the Chronically Ill

O Lord, through the passion of the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I beseech Thee to watch over and guide all those who suffer from chronic illness. Grant to us the courage to face our situations so that others may see Your perpetual light shining through us, as a beacon of strength that overcomes setbacks, and reaffirms Your Precious Love for ALL the sheep among Your flock. We are all Your children in spite of our physical situation, and Your Loving Son shepherds those of us who believe. Grant us the spiritual and mental strength to endure so that we may live in Your Divine Shadow. In the name of Jesus Christ, King of Kings, please hear and bless this prayer O Heavenly Father. Amen

- Beliefnet member Laurel_crowned



Prayer for the Sick

Lord Jesus, I thank You for bestowing on me the gift of life. You know everything that has affected me physically, emotionally, spiritually and all my inmost experiences of mind and heart that have formed me into the person that I am now.

Forgive me, Lord, for any times that I have failed You, myself or others. I forgive anyone who has failed or hurt me. Help me now to see that my illness has an important part to play in bringing me to the fullness of the person You have destined me to be. Don't let me lose or miss anything that You want to do through it to complete my life on earth, and make me ready for eternal life with You in heaven.

I renounce any rebellion or fear. Though I do not quite understand Your way of directing me right now, I wish to let go of any possessiveness over my life. I surrender all the details of my present situation into Your loving care.

Since I cannot now pray as well as I would wish, I ask You to accept instead each breath I draw as an act of love and trust in You. You are my Saviour, and I lean upon Your loving Heart with the peace of a little child in its father's arms. I know You will not forsake me. I love You, dearest Lord! Amen.



Prayer to St. Anthony Mary Claret
Helper of those suffering from cancer, heart trouble, and other serious ailments of soul and body.

St. Anthony Mary Claret, during your life on earth you often comforted the afflicted and showed such tender love and compassion for the sick and sinful. Intercede for me now that you rejoice in the reward of your virtues in heavenly glory. Look with pity on me (or on the person afflicted with illness or whose conversion is desired) and grant my prayer, if such be the will of God. Make my troubles your own. Speak a word for me to the Immaculate Heart of Mary to obtain by her powerful intercession the grace I yearn for so ardently, and a blessing to strengthen me during life, assist me at the hour of death, and lead me to a happy eternity. Amen.

See also prayers to St. Peregrine, patron of cancer patients.



Prayer for the Sick

O glorious Saint Camillus, special patron of the sick poor; thou who for forty years, with truly heroic charity, didst devote thyself to the relief of their temporal and spiritual necessities, be pleased to assist them now even more generously, since thou art blessed in heaven and they have been committed by Holy Church to thy powerful protection.

Obtain for them from Almighty God the healing of all their maladies, or, at least, the spirit of Christian patience and resignation that may sanctify them and comfort them in the hour of their passing to eternity; at the same time obtain for us the precious grace of living and dying after thine example in the practice of divine love. Amen.

Pray 1 Our Father, 1 Hail Mary, 1 Glory be



For the Sick

Merciful Jesus, during Your life on earth You showed great concern for the sick and the infirm. Have compassion now on all those who are sick or in pain. Grant them a healing of mind and body and restore their strength and spirit.

Comfort them with the knowledge that we are praying for them, and give them peace with a sense of Your Presence. May they know that in a special way they are united with You, their suffering Christ. May they contribute to the welfare of the whole People of God by associating themselves freely with Your Passion and Death for the salvation of the world. Bless, too, those who take care of the sick. In their own time of need, bestow on them a hundredfold the blessings they have given to others. Amen.

~~ taken from "Prayers for Today," published by Leaflet Missal Co.



Father of goodness and love, hear our prayers for the sick members of our community and for all who are in need. Amid mental and physical suffering may they find consolation in your healing presence. Show your mercy as you close wounds, cure illness, make broken bodies whole and free downcast spirits. May these special people find lasting health and deliverance, and so join us in thanking you for all your gifts. We ask this through the Lord Jesus who healed those who believed. Amen



Prayer Before Surgery
Loving Father, I entrust myself to Your care this day; guide with wisdom and skill the minds and hands of the medical people who minister in Your Name, and grant that every cause of illness be removed, I may be restored to soundness of health and learn to live in more perfect harmony with You and with those around me. Through Jesus Christ. Amen.

Into Your Hands, I commend my body and my soul. Amen.



Pray the Way of the Cross!

You may wish to also read prayers to St. Jude, St. Roch, St. Raphael the Archangel, St. Rita, St. Peregrine, St. Dymphna, and other prayers for the dying.